The PVDA Ride for Life Gala Evening
Join us Saturday, June 22nd for this wonderful and very special event! All net proceeds from the Gala and the evening’s events will go to support the Johns Hopkins Avon Foundation Breast Center, furthering research, treatment, education and the hope of a cure for breast cancer.
Gala guests who buy a ticket will enjoy meeting some of the United States’ top dressage riders while enjoying appetizers, dinner, live music and drinks (and, of course, the Dancing Horse Challenge performance). Watch the Dancing Horse Challenge from your VIP seating, and enjoy a gourmet dinner and dancing after the event. Cocktail attire (or black tie) is encouraged.
2013 Gala Information
- Bar opens at 5:00 p.m., and appetizers will be served until 7:00 p.m.
- Magician Bill Gross will be entertaining attendees during the cocktail reception (5:00-6:00pm)
- Dinner is open from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. Gala continues until 11:45 p.m.
- Gala Theme: “Mission Possible” (Black tie optional)
- Music: The Unruly Blues will entertain gala attendees 9:00-11:30 p.m. Dancing is encouraged!
- Cash bar will be open from 5:00 p.m. (when the show begins) to 11:30 p.m. Complimentary water and beer will be supplied by Bob Hall, Inc., and wine will be supplied by Ingleside Winery.
Cost for the entire evening is $100 per person. (One half of ticket price is considered a tax-deductible donation).
Children under 12 are half price; children’s tickets may be purchased via mail-in form only. Please make all checks out to “PVDA”.
Reservations must be in no later than June 14.
- From I-95 (Washington Capital Beltway): Take I-95 to exit 11A, Pennsylvania Avenue South/East (Route 4). Stay on Route 4 East for seven miles to Upper Marlboro exit (there are signs to the equestrian center). Turn right at the stop sign.
- From I-695 (Baltimore Beltway): Take I-695 to Route 97 South to Route 3 South, which becomes Route 301. Continue to exit at Route 4 North/West (Toward Washington). Take the first exit (Upper Marlboro) to the stop sign and take a left to the equestrian center.
The PVDA Ride for Life is generously sponsored by the Comfort Inn and Conference Center in Bowie, MD. Just a short 10 minute drive from the Prince George’s Equestrian Center, the hotel offers excellent accommodations with an onsite restaurant. Breakfast is included! Consider making a weekend of this fabulous event. Come to the Gala Dinner, watch the Dancing Horse Challenge, spend the night at the Comfort Inn and enjoy breakfast in bed the next morning before heading home. What’s not to like?
For more information and reservations: Comfort Inn and Conference Center Bowie, MD
As always, we appreciate your generous support!